How to clean Dust, Stains, and Odor of Silk War Rug?
Silk is natural protein fiber used efficiently to create shimmering rugs. Hand-woven rugs are designed with this fiber and give a royal and stunning look. War rugs are so Afghan war rugs are so popular because they are excellent to enhance the interior of a room. These rugs are mostly placed on the walls and depict the history of wars, kings, and queens.
No doubt, silk rugs are incredible to give a superb look to any room, but the cleaning of these carpets required much understanding. Abrasive cleaning agents, steam cleaning, and hot water can provide diverse effects on the rug and damage the silk fibers. So, it's essential to use simple and safe cleaning process to clean the silk rug.
Tips to Remove Dust from the Silk Rug:
To remove dust and dirt particles from your hand-woven rugs, follow these steps:
- Vacuum silk rugs regularly to keep it clean and in excellent condition. Always use the brushless suction head for the vacuuming of silk rugs.
- Use a broom to sweep the silk rug, apply it gently to avoid damaging of fibers.
- Another way to remove all dust particles from your Afghan war rug is to shake it carefully. It will also remove any odor from the rug.
Tips to Remove Stains from the Rug:
Spills are very common and to avoid stains from your exclusive carpet, follow the below tips:
- Do not waste time, cleans the stains and spills as quickly as possible.
- With the help of a spoon remove solid spills immediately. But be careful and never scrape the rug it will damage the fibers.
- To remove liquid spills, take a clean paper towel and absorb as much liquid as possible.
- Apply club soda to remove the color of stain from the rug. On a clean cloth pour the club soda and blot the stain. With a dry clean towel absorb the excess club soda and let the area to air dry.
- Pour a mixture of white vinegar and water in equal amount on a clean cloth and blot the stain. With a dry cloth absorb the excess solution and let it dry. This method is also effective to remove odor from the silk rug.
Remember that let your silk rug air dry and never use heat, because it may damage a silk rug.